Information & Learning Centre
The Information and Learning Centre provides year-round reference and information services and assists students in the development of effective search strategies. Staff members at the learning centre assist students in identifying new and additional resources, confirming citations and providing instructions on how to use online databases and search engines.
Mission & Vision
The mission of the HMCH Library & Learning Centre is to provide resources and instructional material in support of the evolving curriculum. The HMCH Learning Centre is focusing on maintaining and providing access to the state-of- the- art information technology to meet the current and changing information needs of the HMCH community.
In carrying out this vision, the library will acquire, manage and link information resources both physical and virtual and will provide quality instruction to empower users to benefit from the full potential of the universe of knowledge. The library's information professionals and staff will ensure that HMCH library aims to meet complex information challenges of the 21st century for lifelong learning and excellence in undergraduate, graduate and professional studies.
The Central Library of HMCH is a centrally placed building and started functioning from 2003. HMCH library housed in 3 large halls of the college building has a stock of more than 7400 books comprising of 500 titles of reference and textbooks and more than 150 journals, CDs aimed at keeping the students and faculty abreast with the modern technology and progress made in the field of Medical Sciences.
The Library provides the following services in addition to lending of books and journals.
- Internet facility
- Current Awareness Services (CAS)
- Selection Dissemination of Information Services (SDI)
- Newspaper Clipping Services
- Audio-visual Services
HMCH Library has established a Digital Library using the appropriate package for the benefit of the students and faculties. The Library is in the process of being automated through a corporate edition of Web Centric 'LS Premia in Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition 5.0 platform and RDBMS backed in MYSQL'.
The working hours of the Central Library is from 9 AM to 10 PM on all working days and 9 AM to 12 PM before 3 months of examination.
SERVICE TO MEMBERS
- Latest editions of medical, para-medical and general books of prominent authors are procured every year and offered for referencing and circulation.
- International and National journals are subscribed every year for the benefit of the users.
- Internet browsing facility is provided free of cost to the members (registered for the purpose) for their academic, research and patient care activities.
- Good quality photocopy (Xerox) facility is provided at reasonable rates and a register is maintained in this regard.
- The central Library also caters to the needs of other Institutions / Libraries by supplying Xerox copies from journals upon their specific requests.