Steps Taken for Prevention of Ragging in the Institutes
Ragging or harashment, in any form, Physical or Mental is strictly prohibited in the institutions and any one found to have indulged in such practices are liable to appropriate punishment. Ragging is defined as :
- Forcing a student to perform any action against his/her will.
- Physical violance of any kind against the student and/or intimidation.
- Ragging is also a cognizable offence under the state Act.
- However a written complaint has to be lodged with the Principal of the college.
- The complaint will then be placed before the Disciplinary Action Committee for investigation and suitable recommendation for action.
The management has been able to ensure a ragging free environment in all our institutes. This has been achieved by a strict regime of descipline which is continously enforced.
Such an environment ensures the well being of the student community with a healthy relationship among the students. The staff members closely monitor the welfare and wellbeing of the students.